Fasttrack Motorcycle MOT Testing, Leicester

Fasttrack MOT rates as of 01/04/2012: £29.50

Fasttrack Motorcycles are Leicester’s leading motorcycle MOT testing centre. With a City Centre location only 5 minutes walk from the train station we are ideally located for dropping your bike off before a day out shopping in Leicester.

On these pages you will find all the information we can think of in connection with your bike MOT, VOSA requirements, motorcycle MOT checklists and the service and repair of motorcycles. It is our intention to provide a complete one-stop sales, service and MOT testing centre with fantastic levels of service plus free and friendly advice as and when you need it.

Our VOSA qualified engineers have a combined experience of several decades motorcycle MOT testing which allows us to make a fair and honest appraisal of your bike as well as the ability to spot any issues with the motorcycle before they develop into something more serious.

Drop-in Motorcycle MOT Appointments in Leicester

Although it’s not absolutely necessary to book your bike MOT in advance we cannot guarantee finding a suitable slot especially on Saturdays because as you will appreciate we have to give priority to a pre-booked motorcycle MOT test.

50 Responses to Midlands Motorcycle MOT Testing in Leicester

  • Rob Ryan says:

    Dear Fasttrack ,

    Would it be possible to bring my bike along for an MOT this coming Friday ?
    Vehicle reg. AJ58 VRV. The bike is an Husaberg FE450.

    Kind Regards, Rob Ryan.

    • admin says:

      Hi Rob, no problem. Would you like a morning or afternoon slot? If you give us a call on 0116 262 3099 we can book you in. Cheers.

  • Cindy Horst says:

    Please can I drop of bike for MOT lunchtime?

  • Nicholas Hogg says:

    Good Morning My Scooter failed last Friday with excessive play in the steering head bearing and headlight alignment I have had these faults rectified and would like a retest please my number is 07936044119 and my Reg No is FJ56ORY Generic Cracker also please let me know if there is a charge for this retest

    many Thanks Nick.

    • admin says:

      If someone hasn’t managed to contact you by lunchtime tomorrow please call 0116 262 3099, There should be no charge if it’s less than 10 days since your original test 🙂

  • James says:

    I have a 1977/78 Yamaha ty175 which has never been road registered that I want to get on the road. What is the minimum MOT requirement? I have brake lights (and rear lamp), mudguards, road tyres, legal exhaust, sprocket and chain guards. Assume everything else is working. If we can get it MOT’d on the VIN only I’ll bring it over as soon as poss.

    • admin says:

      Hi James. Yes we can MOT it on the VIN but you’re going to need a continuous tone horn to get a pass. You’ll also need a headlight with high and low beam unless you remove the brake and rear light, in which case you can have a ‘daytime use only’ MOT. But you’ll still need that horn 🙂

  • Tony says:

    How much do you charge for MOT’s?

    • admin says:

      Oops. That’s a bit of an oversight on our part isn’t it? Currently we charge £29.50 for an MOT or £15 to existing customers who have introduced another paying customer to the company.

  • Ryan says:

    Hi recently my speed clock broke on my bike, and had to had a new one fitted. Are you able to put the old miles onto the new clock.

    • admin says:

      Unfortunately not Ryan, unless you want to pay for a rolling road to spin your front wheel for however many miles you need to add on. If you’re worried about proving mileage for resale value just keep the old clock and any service paperwork, MOTs etc.

  • Alex DeWinter says:

    Am i able to book my 125cc scooter in for an MOT tomorrow 27 September … how long does it take ?

  • Andy Boots Barber says:

    If possible could you tell me mudguards are needed for Mot.

    Regards Boots.

  • Marek says:

    Hi Guys
    I live in Salzburg, Austria. My bike is a British registered Yamaha Virago XV1100. Is there a chance that I can have an Austrian or German equivalent MOT test done, in conjunction with you and have a British MOT certificate issued?
    I am trying to avoid coming back to England for the test, and I thought if the test here is done to UK or better standards, surely I can have the certificate issued in England.
    I’m pretty confident that your answer will be no way. If so any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

    • fasttrack says:

      Hi there, there is no chance that we can issue an M.O.T certificate to a motorcycle we haven’t tested. My suggestion would be to contact the local authorities to see what you need to do as this isn’t the sort of thing we are informed about and the E.U is very complicated, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the U.K! FTMC

  • terry taylor says:

    Hi guys would it be possible to drop my moped in for an mot, i dont have my V5 certifcate yet im waiting for the dvla to send it, but i do have the insurance documents for the bike.

  • liam says:

    hi , Will my ped fail mot if my speedclock doesnt work?

    • fasttrack says:

      Hi there, the speedometer isn’t covered in the M.O.T test so although it wont fail an M.O.T it is a civil offence and you can still get a defect notice from the police. FTMC

  • A King says:

    My LCD display that indicate bike millage is not working – does this mean it will fail the MOT? Everything else including speedo and warning lights are working – thanks

    • fasttrack says:

      Hi there, the Mileage display is not a requirement for the M.O.T, however it may be a civil offence endorse-able by the police. I would double check with the local authority for civil offences. FTMC

  • Martin from Oz says:

    Hey Guys,
    A bit of a different one for you! I am currently based in Australia and am looking to move over to the UK next year in April.

    As an avid bike enthusiast I am really hoping to bring my Aussie registered bike along with me. I am looking into the process of converting the registration over to UK and thought you might be able to give me some pointers.

    The bike is a 2008 Kawasaki ZX10R. I believe the only thing that might be an issue is the speedometer, which (being an electronic display) can be re-programmed to mph.

    Any other things you can suggest I should watch out for? Cheers!

    • fasttrack says:

      Hi there! il swop with you 🙂 hehe
      right, firstly Mph/KM doesn’t matter for the M.O.T (neither does a working speedo, it is a civil offence however).
      things to look out for….
      1.Headlamp aim/”kick-up”. This shouldn’t be a problem as Australia rides on the same side of the road as the UK, if this is an issue then its fairly easy to rectify with headlamp converters, any good M.O.T station should stock these as its very common with European imports and they are fairly cheap.
      2.Im not sure about the Australian market but the Americans sometimes have side lights as part of the indicators where the light flashes dim/bright rather than on/off, this is also an issue.
      3. Tyres, we have had to fail an enduro bike before now for having incorrect tyres, they were legal in various South American countries but not the UK. Doubt you will have this issue, but worth a quick glance to check the wording on the sidewall.
      This is all that comes to mind. Without knowing the Australian equivalent M.O.T test its hard to know for sure what differences there are
      Hope it helps FTMC

  • Daniel says:

    I want a new clock on my bike but the mileage will go from 18000 to 0…does this matter for an mot?

    • admin says:

      No, not at all. The VOSA computers keep a record of mileage anyway. The overall mileage will just be a grand total of old plus existing.

  • mick says:

    hi there
    can you help me please .Ihave a 1962 triumph t21 motor bike can you tell me if I need an mot for it or is it exempt
    thank you

  • Phil Joyce says:

    Hi guys.
    Made my ’98 SRAD600 into a track bike. Questions for ‘daytime MOT’.
    RH pillion peg doubles as exhaust hanger, is it OK for this to remain when there is no pillion seat fitted or does peg part need to be removed?
    All lights are removed or painted over. Is it OK for the switches to be left on the bars? They’re needed for horn, starter and kill switch.

    • admin says:

      Hi Phil,

      Keeping the switches is fine as long the lights are painted over or taped over as you say. Your peg situation isn’t 100% clear but it should only be held on by a circlip, so removing it would be our advice.

  • Sam says:

    Hello, Currently going through the process of a first MOT,
    What are the legal requirements for a day time MOT?
    I have been told a speedo is included but by others just a horn and reflector?

    • admin says:

      Oddly enough a speedo isn’t required for the MOT at all but some way of measuring road speed is needed for legal reasons. To pass a Daytime MOT you *will* need a horn and a rear reflector.

  • Luke says:

    Hi guys just wondering I have a leaky fork seal on my bike have replaced it but still leaking is it possible to fit fork gaiters in order to pass until I can afford new forks

    • admin says:

      Um, really? Yes if you hide all evidence of a leak, there will be no reason to fail it but frankly it’s just not a good idea. Fork oil dripping onto your brake disk will create obvious issues plus the handling of the bike will be severely affected. Surely it’s just new seals you need, not new forks!?!?

  • Gary swinden says:

    Does a motorcycle need a chain guard to pass mot

  • Gary swinden says:

    I bought the sinnis heist brand new and it didn’t come with a chain guard. is it even road legal?

  • mik says:

    Hi. I have a honda cbr 600. E reg. Can I book it in for a m.o.t asap with yourselves? And how much are the retest please.

    • admin says:

      Hi Mik, Have you already booked in? Sorry, I’m a little behind in answering these comments. Please ring us on 0116 262 3099 if not. Re-tests at Fasttrack are free within two weeks of the original test 🙂

  • David says:

    Hi, someone on a bike forum I’m registered with says they have no brake light switch on the front brake lever.

    We’re not sure this is actually the case but, if it is, apart from the safety issue is this an MOT failure or otherwise illegal? Thanks

  • Allan says:

    will my 50cc scooter pas it’s mot if the front side light goes off when the headlight is switched on?

  • Amadeo says:

    I’m relocating from Spain. Bringing my Suzuki Inazuma with me. How long in advance do I have to book an appointment? Do you handle all the paperwork to get it registered in the UK? If so, how much would it cost me. Thanks in advance.

    • admin says:

      It’s not necessary to book in advance at all but it’s better to do so to avoid a long wait. The day before should be fine. Unfortunately registering the bike with the DVLA isn’t something we normally do.

  • Hi is my 1970 bsa b25 still exempt from the wheel alignment test. I think my dad said it was as before he passed away he use to mot bikes for bill lomas . Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *